ACPI\QEMU0002

fischeranalytics

Oct 11, 2015
Hello there,
I saw in the device manager this unknown device "ACPI\QEMU0002" and already googled about it and tried all virtio drivers. But none is correct. I also installed qemu guest-agent, but it didn't solve the issue.
I've got this problem on Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials and Standard.
And there is another device called vport0p1 with a question mark on it. (after reinstalling virtio-serial driver). What's going on?

I've noticed the same this with Windows 2008 R2 x64 and Windows 2003 x32 virtual machines
I have Proxmox version 4.4 and Virtio drivers version 126 stable.
Would be nice to find proper drivers for ACPI\QEMU0002

Hi,

do you use uefi mode(OVMF bios)?

Hi Wolfgang
I believe we are using BIOS Legacy mode on the Proxmox host.

# [ -d /sys/firmware/efi ] && echo "EFI boot on HDD" || echo "Legacy boot on HDD"
Legacy boot on HDD

Sorry I meant the VM bios setting.
You can see it under VM options?

I do not find this dev can you send me your windos VM config?
it is locates in /etc/pve/qemu-server/<vmid>.conf

Reactions: alamadrid
agent: 1
bootdisk: virtio0
cores: 1
ide0: none,media=cdrom
memory: 2048
name: MasDtPm
net0: virtio=16:04:01:F7:C4:5C,bridge=vmbr0
numa: 0
ostype: wxp
scsihw: lsi
smbios1: uuid=e92a11da-c7ee-41cf-ac14-f098380e2dc3
sockets: 1
virtio0: TGItra:vm-102-disk-1,size=70G
virtio1: TGItra:vm-102-disk-2,size=80G

Hi wolfgang - to show hidden device in Windows:
  1. Open a command prompt with Administrative privileges
  2. At the command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after each line

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    cd\%SystemRoot%\System32
    devmgmt.msc

3. In Device Manager go to View > Show hidden devices.
Note - you can try deleting the unknown device but if you 'Scan for hardware changes' within Device Manager the unknown device reappears.

Hello,

Did this get resolved?

I have a couple of VM's that are now exhibiting this issue after upgrading from 4.1 to 4.4. They are Windows 2008 x64, and Windows 2003 x32 servers.

Hi,

you have to install qemufwcfg.

Wolfgang,

I tried searching on the forum/wiki and google for "qemufwcfg" but only got a few results from google pointing to red-hat code; and was unsure what to do. I didn't see it in the virtio-win-0.1.126.iso. Is it something that is added on the guest vmid.conf file from the available commands found on the wiki? Or is it some module that is added to the PVE host thru apt-get?

Thank you for the quick response and help.

Reactions: alamadrid

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!