Access to VM console without allowing input (view-only)

Gleb Mayorov

Jan 4, 2021
Hello!
I'm trying to configure role for view-only guest accounts that need access to view VMs configuration and console, but should not be able to change anything nor input something to console.
I've created role with VM.Audit, VM.Console and VM.Monitor privileges, which kind of does the trick. But it allows user to interact with console (use mouse/keyboard), which I'm trying to prevent.

Is there any additional option or undocumented privilege that could help me? Is there any plans for such features, if not implemented now?
Thanks in advance.

There is an option on noVNC settings is`view only` is that help you?

Attachments

• DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20210107130051.png
    DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20210107130051.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Gleb Mayorov
There is an option on noVNC settings is`view only` is that help you?
Thank you for answer!
This option does exactly what I need, but is configured from client side, and require bigger level of trust to remote client.
It would be awesome if there is a way to enforce this option checked on per-user basis, preferably using Proxmox user privileges.

Reactions: Jason H
Thank you for answer!
This option does exactly what I need, but is configured from client side, and require bigger level of trust to remote client.
It would be awesome if there is a way to enforce this option checked on per-user basis, preferably using Proxmox user privileges.
To be able to assign to users. VMs or Pools would be a great feature

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!