Access to Other VM/CT via cURL

Editor

Apr 26, 2017
Turkey
Hi, I get a "timeout" when I try to access other guests via Proxmox Shell via cURL.

There is no extra obstacle or command in the firewall. However, access is timing out. What could be the reason for this and how can I turn on port access?

Proxmox 5.4-3

Code:
root@compute-ua:~# curl 192.168.128.186
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.128.186 port 80: Connection timed out

Thank you.

What do you expect?
If there is nothing running inside those guest which is listening on port 80 then those calls won't return anything.

If there is nothing running inside those guest which is listening on port 80 then those calls won't return anything.

There are web servers that respond to 80 ports in the guest but timeout on Proxmox.

For example; I can access the guest server B from the guest server A with cURL and get the response.

What do you expect?

My goal is to run HAproxy on Proxmox and access the guests.
I'm trying to perform scheme 2 in the drawing below

W1.fw.png

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!