Access custom Port on new VM

coreattack

Apr 9, 2024
Hey guys, I recently wanted to switch to Proxmox and I am struggeling with connecting to my services.

What is working:
  • VM is running and can be accessed via noVNC in the Proxmox web interface
  • Proxmox host can be SSH into
  • VM can be SSH into
  • I can access http (p80) so I can see my nginx success page
  • ping to vm and host

What is not working:
  • VM ports like 19999 (netdata) and nearly every other port to another PC in Network
  • Custom port from one VM to another

What have I done so far:
  • Disable all Firewalls in Proxmox (I think. I have a Datacenter, Host and VM specific Firewall turned off)
  • I have no LAN Firewall
  • changed Hosts File on VM but reversed it because nothing came of it

Further Information:
  • VM is a debian based linux (DietPi)
  • Proxmox OS installed on a clean Test machine

Should you need any further info just ask, I will reply as soon as possible

Edit: Everything I forgot will be put here so you do not have to read through this whole thread in case it gets longer

What is working:

• Internet access
  • The service I want to reach is running
  • I could reach the service with a Desktop Environment on the VM under 127.0.0.1:19999 but not 192.168.2.159:19999
What is not working:

What I have done so far:

• verify the service is running by testing it on a clone with desktop environment

Further Information:
  • I am quite certain there is no firewall on the VM itself

Last edited:
Hi,

VM is a debian based linux (DietPi)
Have you checked if maybe a firewall is running directly inside the VM? E.g. ufw
Secondly, is the Netdata service running (successfully)?

What does nmap -p19999 <ip-of-target-vm> report?

Hi,

Have you checked if maybe a firewall is running directly inside the VM? E.g. ufw
Secondly, is the Netdata service running (successfully)?

What does nmap -p19999 <ip-of-target-vm> report?
Hi, thank you for your reply. I will add the following statements in my top post as well for better context.
I have worked with dietpi before and everything works fine on non-VM bases. I am fairly sure there is no firewall which would restrict that access directly on the VM. I do not know about the nmap command but i cloned the VM and put a desktop environment on the second one (which is also running netdata) and i could get to that page via 127.0.0.1:19999 and it worked. Also these VMs can get to the Internet if that is important

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!