6.2-4 - Error: IOMMU not present

kartune

Nov 26, 2020
Hello, I have gone through several YouTube tutorials on GPU Passthrough step by step with several different W10 VMs that i’ve created each time.
I've read and tried to understand/apply the results from every GPU/PCiE passthrough thread i have found, but still can't get it to work :(.

Of the many times i've started from step 1 of creating the VM and editing the configs, each would end up with the same conclusion when trying to start the VM:
“Error: IOMMU not present”

Here is my Grub:

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=“Proxmox Virtual Environment”
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet intel_iommu=on”
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

I’ve also tried:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet intel-iommu=on pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction video=efifb:eek:ff”

Also, when selecting the PCI Device from the dropdown, I see 4 Nvidia devices, but none show my GPU (RTX 2080ti)

Anyone have any ideas? I’ve spent so many hours already (also this is my first proxmox server).

Thanks!

did you enable iommu in the bios? (sometimes also called VT-d on intel)
can you post the output of 'dmesg' ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!