[SOLVED] 4.4 non-HA Cluster over WAN

tschanness

Oct 30, 2016
Hi,
I know, this is not the first time asked. I know it's not supported, may or may not work etc. I just had some more questions.
We will have 3 Proxmox Nodes, each running 1 VM while one node runs 2 VMs wich will be pve-zsynced to the other nodes. They only server for Backup purposes, there will be no high load on them (All they do is collecting and storing the Backups).
2 of the nodes will be at the Datacenter location, while one will be in our office. The connection between the Datacenter and the office is a 1 Gbit/s Fiber link wich will not only be used by the Proxmox host but also everything else.

Our Goal is to have all the PVE Hosts reachable over one Webinterface.

Normally the link is under 2ms, but sometimes it spikes up to 5ms. Will this affect the cluster at all if no HA is used?
If one node is down the other two nodes are still easily usable - if two nodes go down I would need to edit the quroum to one - is this right?
Did I overlook some complications?

Thanks in advance,

Jonas

Hi,

general no there are no problems, but if one node is down.
I assume one of the two of the DC and the latency of the FC link goes up you lose quorum and cant manage the cluster.
This keeps so long until the latency goes down.

And if all nodes are running and the latency jumps around you lose and get quorum this can be annoying.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!