3 nodes cluster with local shared storage and HA

Moatasem

Apr 14, 2022
Hello

I’ve 3 servers each with 2 x 1TB SSD and 1 x 4TB HDD.

I want to build a Proxmox VE cluster with HA utilising the storage on each node.

What is the best way to create a shared storage from the 3 nodes and present it Proxmox?

Regards
Moatasem

This.

I run a full-mesh 3-node Ceph cluster on 12-year old servers.

Since it's running Debian, I have zero issues.

Thanks guys for your replays, Ceph with full-mesh works perfect.
Since it seems you are going with Ceph, I suggest the following optimizations to get better IOPS:

1. Set VM cache to none
2. VirtIO SCSI Single controller with discard and IO thread enabled
3. On Linux VMs, set the IO scheduler to none or noop
4. Turn on write-cache enable (WCE) on SAS drives with "sdparm --set WCE=1 --save /dev/sd[x]". SATA drives usually have their write cache enabled already but can run "hdparm -W 1 /dev/sd[x]"

Last edited:
Thank guys much apricate all your help.
One more question, the Ceph OSDs is up and running fine but only one manager and one monitor are running.
1651305547139.png

The others fail to start, is this normal or something is wrong.

Regards
Moatasem

Attachments

• 1651305517549.png
    1651305517549.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 18
I managed to get the managers going.
But I can't get the monitors started.. If I try to destroy to recreate, I get "no such monitor id"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!