Mirrors of operating systems with GlusterFS or not?

Dutra

Jul 23, 2019
Hi
I'm new to virtualization and servers.

I have a system running on Debian. This system runs a Radius Server, WEB Server, SNMP and a SQL Database, all in a single virtual machine.

Question: I want to fully mirror this Virtual Machine (system) on another Virtual Machine (Another physical server as well). When the main VM fails, I want to have my entire OS on the mirrored VM.

Problem: I read about GlusterFS, but I was told that GlusterFS is only recommended for data storage, I was told that it is not structured to mirror operating systems and internal programs (Radius, WEB server, SNMP, SQL) in real time..

Do you experts recommend me something for my scenario?

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I thought about CEPH, but I forgot to mention that I use hardware RAID.

As for Redhat, I would have to adapt to the new virtualizer, I got used to Proxmox and its friendly interface. :)

As for Redhat, I would have to adapt to the new virtualizer, I got used to Proxmox and its friendly interface. :)
My point was that Redhat thinks that Gluster is good enough for their enterprise virtualization offering. This was a counter argument to "I was told that GlusterFS is only recommended for data storage, I was told that it is not structured to mirror ". Gluster is open source and is available on Debian/PVE.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

My point was that Redhat thinks that Gluster is good enough for their enterprise virtualization offering. This was a counter argument to "I was told that GlusterFS is only recommended for data storage, I was told that it is not structured to mirror ". Gluster is open source and is available on Debian/PVE.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
Now I get it. I'll read a little bit about Gluster on RED HAT

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!