Error listing snapshots - 500 read timeout

khangnch

May 28, 2022
Hi.

I have a PVE cluster with about 14 node servers. Recently, I have upgraded some nodes to PVE 7.2-7. After the upgrade, I cannot access the storage proxmox backup to view the backup files and we got the error as image below:

1660705825004.png

Is this a bug of new PVE version? Or may I miss something during the upgrade?

Same problem here with GUI.

Loading backups by REST-API works as expected.
/api2/json/nodes/{_NODE_}/storage/{_STORAGE_}/content?vmid={_VMID_}
(Fetching 5.000 Backups in less then 5 minutes)

Loading 14 backups in Proxmox GUI results in HTTP 500 after 8 seconds

PVE: 7.2.7
PBS: 2.2-5

Attachments

• proxmox_pbs_timeout_500.png
    proxmox_pbs_timeout_500.png
    841.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Just to note. I followed the Bugzilla and applied the suggested patch to my PBSPlugin.pm file and it didn't work. This was a clean install. To get mine working I copied the PBSPlugin.pm from one of my pve6 nodes to the pve7 one.

We have same issue pretty often in backups. Backup of VMs are done, later verified as good but whole backup is counted as failed because one backed up VM get "Error listing snapshots - 500 read timeout"
This happens when backup collide with verification (api call for snapshots list took about 30s)

PVE version: 7.2-11 (timeout patch used)

Code:
INFO: creating Proxmox Backup Server archive 'vm/701/2022-09-23T13:00:41Z'
INFO: issuing guest-agent 'fs-freeze' command
INFO: issuing guest-agent 'fs-thaw' command
INFO: started backup task 'd276b424-3fe6-4101-8c7b-56f782d6d97a'
INFO: resuming VM again
INFO: scsi0: dirty-bitmap status: OK (112.0 MiB of 16.0 GiB dirty)
INFO: using fast incremental mode (dirty-bitmap), 112.0 MiB dirty of 16.0 GiB total
INFO: 100% (112.0 MiB of 112.0 MiB) in 3s, read: 37.3 MiB/s, write: 34.7 MiB/s
INFO: backup was done incrementally, reused 15.90 GiB (99%)
INFO: transferred 112.00 MiB in 4 seconds (28.0 MiB/s)
INFO: adding notes to backup
INFO: prune older backups with retention: keep-daily=12, keep-last=50, keep-monthly=11, keep-weekly=8, keep-yearly=9
ERROR: Backup of VM 701 failed - error listing snapshots - 500 read timeout

Last edited:
we have a similar issue when trying to retrieve a Namespace inside the root Datastore , running 7.2.11
what exactly is the problem you have? please post the relevant infos (datastore size, namespaces, etc), the commands you executed (or similar), the result, and what you expected

what exactly is the problem you have? please post the relevant infos (datastore size, namespaces, etc), the commands you executed (or similar), the result, and what you expected
I posted another thread just over this one that is marked as solve.

The details are there.
Even if we successfully add the datastore we can't retrieve the vm disks. We see the database usage we can't retrieve any vm when we search them in the gui

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!