[SOLVED] error listing snapshots - 400 Bad Request (500)

Jan 16, 2022
Hi we Added a Namespace under a existing Datastore and cannot Reach it trough any of our Nodes.

the Namespace is working well and PBS is retrieving a Daily Sync from another .
i see all the Content VMs in PBS viewer tab

We first disconnected ( removed from the cluster the storage that was pointing to the root and reconnected with the corresponding namespace.
no luck
we then reconnected using a different ID
no luck
we upgraded a 7.211 node to 7.3.4 and rebooted it
no luck

Proxmox cluster 7.2.11 to 7.3.4 sames issues

Proxmox PBS 2.3.1 .

we dont have any issues adding the Datastore trough the Cluster storage and specifing the Datastore and Namespace.
we can than retrieve the Data usage from any Nodes but nothing else.

if we click on Backups we get a 400 Bad Request ( 500 )

Last edited:

fweber

Jan 9, 2023
Hi, could you verify that the namespace is spelled correctly in /etc/pve/storage.cfg on PVE? Can you see the snapshots using proxmox-backup-client, e.g. with proxmox-backup-client snapshot list --ns yournamespace?

Jan 16, 2022
yest its correctly spelled in the file. i have another target on another PBS with the same name but a different user , and i can reach it .

maybe i cannot have 2 namespace with the same name but i dont think its that as i have this issue only with this namespace

fweber

Jan 9, 2023
Thanks for checking. Could you try running the proxmox-backup-client command above? This will probably also give an error, but it will print a more detailed error message, so we might see what's going on.
You'll need to do something like
Code:
export PBS_REPOSITORY=...
proxmox-backup-client login
proxmox-backup-client snapshot list --ns yournamespace

fabian

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Jan 7, 2016
please verify that the permissions of the user/token you have configured in PVE are correct - the namespace is a separate entity in the ACL config, if your user/token only has access for the datastore itself without the propagate flag set, you won't be able to use the namespace!

you can verify this by running proxmox-backup-manager user permissions <username-from-pve-storage.cfg> on the PBS host - please post the result here.

the output of pvesm list <STORAGENAME> on the PVE host would also be interesting.

Jan 16, 2022
Thanks for checking. Could you try running the proxmox-backup-client command above? This will probably also give an error, but it will print a more detailed error message, so we might see what's going on.
You'll need to do something like
Code:
export PBS_REPOSITORY=...
proxmox-backup-client login
proxmox-backup-client snapshot list --ns yournamespace

root@CL1-MTL1-BL2:~# proxmox-backup-client snapshot list --ns BACKUPS-1
Error: unable to get (default) repository

Jan 16, 2022
please verify that the permissions of the user/token you have configured in PVE are correct - the namespace is a separate entity in the ACL config, if your user/token only has access for the datastore itself without the propagate flag set, you won't be able to use the namespace!

you can verify this by running proxmox-backup-manager user permissions <username-from-pve-storage.cfg> on the PBS host - please post the result here.

the output of pvesm list <STORAGENAME> on the PVE host would also be interesting.

root@CL1-MTL1-BL2:~# pvesm list CL1-MTL1-PBS-RP1
error listing snapshots - 400 Bad Request

Jan 16, 2022

propagate is set to yes.
and another 2.3.1 PBS is sucessfuly syncing a DATASTORE from another PBS to this problematic one with the same user configured.
the only thing i see is that the bakcup files written on the original datastore are not using the same USER than the user we use on the SYNC and THE PVE Hosts.

the goal is to access our Replication from the secondary PBS in case of a hardware failure appen on the main PBS. this was working correctly prior that i start using NAMESPACE.
if i reconnect with the root Namespace i will have access to the existing DATA..
also i see al the daily VM adding up to our NAMESPACE from PBS , so i dont think its user related

fabian

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Jan 7, 2016
then please check the logs (journal and proxmox-backup-proxy logs in /var/log/proxmox-backup/api) on the PBS side for any warnings or errors

Jan 16, 2022
then please check the logs (journal and proxmox-backup-proxy logs in /var/log/proxmox-backup/api) on the PBS side for any warnings or errors
hi Fabian the error is mine. We had a NAMESPACE with the identical same name as the DATASTORE NAME from PBS server and had another NAMESPACE ( the one i use ) inside of it.

good to know i didnt tough we can have multiple NAMESPACE after the root

fabian

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Jan 7, 2016
yes, nested namespaces are supported:

https://pbs.proxmox.com/docs/storage.html#backup-namespaces

the idea is to support most reasonable setups that want logical separation (for preventing name collisions, and easily separating ACLs) while sharing the underlying chunk store for deduplication. e.g., you could have have a top-level namespace for each location, with sub-namespaces for different departments/PVE clusters/environments/.., with the option of further sub-dividing that (e.g. per team, or ..)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!