Upgraded pve version and now network adapter issues

forcegc

Feb 21, 2022
Im currently on version 7.2-7 and kernel 5.15.39-1-pve

I have this setup on a dell r620. I have four network adapters. two are 1gig nics and two are 10 gig fiber connections all connected to the same switch a brocade icx6610 which has no vlans setup currently. I bridged all the adapters
1658511510369.png
From my isp i get 1 gig symmetrical speeds. on vmbro via virtio within a windows server 2016 vm i get roughly 800mbps down which is good and close enough. But when i switch to any other bridge i get 2-5mbps. I even tried to move delete the gateway off of vmbr0 and add it to the other bridges and test and still no luck. This just started happening recently. I am thinking its a kernel issue as i have not had this issue in the past. but i did just finally get the server to 7.2-7 from 6.4 but i didnt have issues after the upgrade i had issues just recently which makes me think the kernel was upgraded and caused this issue. Anything else i should test? Should i setup my network adapter bridges differently so that they all go through to the gateway somehow? I want to have 90% of my stuff on vmbr1 and then have the web gui for proxmox have its own nic.

Hello,

To narrow down the issue, I would also test on a Linux VM, if you think the issue from the kernel, can you try to boot from the old kernel and test it?

May also post the VM config and the full output of pveversion -v?

Hello,

To narrow down the issue, I would also test on a Linux VM, if you think the issue from the kernel, can you try to boot from the old kernel and test it?

May also post the VM config and the full output of pveversion -v?
1658778150321.png]
here is my ubuntu config.

I am still getting increased ping on the linux vm and very slow internet speeds on vmbr1 only vmbr0 increases it a bit but still bad ping on linux. I am getting faster speeds on windows server vm with the good working bridge which is vmbr0.

1658778306182.png

I just want to pinpoint what is causing it. I am just guessing its a kernel issue but really have no idea. I havent changed anything in my rack. at first i thought it was a broken fiber cable but when i go to test even the other port on the working 1 gig nic it still encounters this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!