Copy/Paste - Keys/Commands for CT/KVM-VNC-Console

Virtualizer

Dec 19, 2011
Dear,

when I use the Console from Proxmox Webinterface, then a VNC-Console opens in a separate Window
Tight VNC. This java VNC hast 6 buttons - one of them is the cliboard. How it´s possible, to copy informations from the VNC-Window in the Windows Clipboard and from the Windows Clipboard into the VNC-WIndow (Container/KVM)? The commands CTRL+C/V not working and the options set "Copy/Rect" is on "yes"

Thanks

Virtualizer

not implemented yet, sorry.

oh, you talk about 1.9? it should work on Linux containers (just mark the text, should be in the clipboard now).

Hallo Tom,

no this will not function:

I write text in the clipboard window and mark this with the mouse.
Now I click in the Window of the KVM machine and then I use the Key CTRL+V or ALT+V or CTRL+ALT+V or test with right-click on mouse - mothing will gone!

And then how I can copy the KVM-Information form the KVM-machine, what I see into the clipboard?

best regards

Detlef

Hallo Tom,

no this will not function:

I write text in the clipboard window and mark this with the mouse.
Now I click in the Window of the KVM machine and then I use the Key CTRL+V or ALT+V or CTRL+ALT+V or test with right-click on mouse - mothing will gone!

And then how I can copy the KVM-Information form the KVM-machine, what I see into the clipboard?

best regards

Detlef
Hi Detlef,
containers aren't kvm-machines. On the console from a openvz-container copy/paste work - on kvm not.

Udo

Hallo Udo,

thanks for your answer, so I must not longer search about this problem!

Do you have a tip for me, when I have NOT a network connection (SSH etc) and I cant use the clipboard in KVM/VNC, can I use qm / qemu to transfer a text-file from the KVM to the host?

Expl. I make ifconfig -a > /temp.txt and later a cat /etc/network/interfaces >> /temp.txt - and I like to transfer then the temp.txt to the host, so I can use for the forum here?

Thanks

Detlef

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!