Postfix unknown connections

alasdairc

Jun 25, 2021
Hi all,

Having a few possibly concerning logs on my host, I appear to be getting some random connections made to Postfix. I currently have it set up to "Internet" as I have an SMTP server elsewhere

Jul 30 17:10:27 prmx0 postfix/smtpd[4336]: connect from unknown[103.155.83.201] Jul 30 17:10:28 prmx0 postfix/smtpd[4336]: disconnect from unknown[103.155.83.201] ehlo=1 auth=0/1 rset=1 quit=1 commands=3/4

My host is not configured as an SMTP open relay - is this something to worry about?

Thank you

Educate yourself in internet and server security and power off that postfix NOW!

That's not very helpful

I don't see what the problem is the problem is considering it's not an open relay, it's STARTTLS and Auth'ed, would be helpful if you could explain what the log actually means instead of talking down on me

Educate yourself in internet and server security and power off that postfix NOW!

It's just "noise", it's nothing to worry about after doing some investigation. My security is strong enough to not allow spam/spam forwarding, un-authed users...

Be nicer

Why do you set it up as "Internet" at all if you are conecting to another SMTP Server to send mails? If you just want to send some mails using a relay the mode "Satellite System" would be enough.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!