Please Help Locating Intranet Network Performance Issue

SawKyrom

Jun 3, 2021
Any suggestions on troubleshooting poor network performance when serving media would be much appreciated.

I have Linux proxmox 5.4.124-1 running Virtual Environment 6.4-13. Hardware is 12 core Xeon E2-1650 v2 64 GiB ECC RAM. pfSense is the network router/firewall via VM, wireless interface managed by UniFi AC-Pro. The Proxmox server network connection is eno1 on motherboard network device and Intel NIC ens1f0-3 4 port card. pfSense WAN ens1f0 and LAN is ens1f1. Media servers experiences performance issues are both TrueNAS VM Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U4.1 32 GiB RAM 8 CPU and TVHeadend Container Debian 9 8GiB RAM 4 CPU.

When streaming media, whether direct from TrueNAS or TVHeadend, I have frequent buffering issues where the video pauses intermittent or crashes. This occurs is both 5Ghz wireless environment and ethernet connections on multiple devices. The Proxmox Summary console shows network traffic netout at 4M. I'm able to transfer files to TrueNAS from another network device (same subnet) at 100-110 MB/sec. However, serving any media results in poor performance. Kodi output log states "Source too slow - read rate too low for continuous playback".

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can identify the source of the streaming issues (i.e. proxmox, pfSense, etc ?) Are there any networking tools you would recommend, iperf3?

Please and thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot (176).png
    Screenshot (176).png
    57.1 KB · Views: 10
Any suggestions on troubleshooting poor network performance when serving media would be much appreciated.

I have Linux proxmox 5.4.124-1 running Virtual Environment 6.4-13. Hardware is 12 core Xeon E2-1650 v2 64 GiB ECC RAM. pfSense is the network router/firewall via VM, wireless interface managed by UniFi AC-Pro. The Proxmox server network connection is eno1 on motherboard network device and Intel NIC ens1f0-3 4 port card. pfSense WAN ens1f0 and LAN is ens1f1. Media servers experiences performance issues are both TrueNAS VM Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U4.1 32 GiB RAM 8 CPU and TVHeadend Container Debian 9 8GiB RAM 4 CPU.

When streaming media, whether direct from TrueNAS or TVHeadend, I have frequent buffering issues where the video pauses intermittent or crashes. This occurs is both 5Ghz wireless environment and ethernet connections on multiple devices. The Proxmox Summary console shows network traffic netout at 4M. I'm able to transfer files to TrueNAS from another network device (same subnet) at 100-110 MB/sec. However, serving any media results in poor performance. Kodi output log states "Source too slow - read rate too low for continuous playback".

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can identify the source of the streaming issues (i.e. proxmox, pfSense, etc ?) Are there any networking tools you would recommend, iperf3?

Please and thank you!
I would you to suggest Wiseview app for streaming video and media this is a very lite app for pc and
This application is viewed as the best CCTV camera observing programming for CCTV cameras. Allow us to investigate a portion of the provisions of this product. The components of Windows and MAC are as per the following:

Live video observing of CCTV cameras.

Playback of the recorded information.

Double Screen help.

The camera blends the board by inclination.

Log organization.

Recording trade.

Client the executives.

Programmed update for more information https://myapps4pc.com/wiseview-for-pc/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!