New Mobile App for Proxmox VE!

Oh, this is indeed great news!

Are there plans to release this on either F-Droid, or as a standalone APK for us paranoids, or without Google services? :)
Nothing planned now, but very likely to happen.

If you are curious check out the source at git.proxmox.com, as always contribution is highly appreciated.

Looks good! nicer interface than Aprox

I'm getting an error whilst scrolling down in the Resources tab, it says "Unsuppported operation: Infinity or NaN tolnt" when I get to the storage section.

Doesn't happen on a cluster that only has local zfs & shared nfs storage, only on the cluster thats got a pile of iscsi disks for VM stores, so assume its *something* to do with iscsi?

Looks good! nicer interface than Aprox

I'm getting an error whilst scrolling down in the Resources tab, it says "Unsuppported operation: Infinity or NaN tolnt" when I get to the storage section.

Doesn't happen on a cluster that only has local zfs & shared nfs storage, only on the cluster thats got a pile of iscsi disks for VM stores, so assume its *something* to do with iscsi?
Will definitely take a look at this one, probably some usage stat from your iscsi is missing and therefore when storage tiles are visibile it errors out.

Reactions: Schiznik
FYI: the next release (1.0.1) is out and should be available as update. The 443 port works now too, all other ports should naturally continue to work.

We'll definitively take a closer look at integrating it into F-Droid.

Any suggestion for spice client on android ?

looks good
currently opaque is the way to go, in the future we'll very likely get more options

Reactions: Moayad
Nice!
Will add i18n support? If this apps support Simplified Chinese will be wonderful.
and change the UI,Translucent Bar?

Internationalization support is on the roadmap. We cannot leverage the gettext based i18n infrastructure from the webinterfaces directly, so we still need to find a good way to handle it for flutter and sharing most of the translations we already have.

Reactions: DerDanilo and try
currently opaque is the way to go, in the future we'll very likely get more options
Surely VNC and noVNC will also be supported. The app "aprox" implemented those. Working just fine. Maybe you can have a look at that one.
Without a working console the usage purpose is kinda limited here but still very nice to see that there is finally an official app. Thanks!

I have no problem paying for a decent app but shouldn't this be integrated into the pve app to avoid external dependencies?

Not really too important for me. There are always external dependencies, e.g. you need to buy a smart phone to use the mobile app.

Not really too important for me. There are always external dependencies, e.g. you need to buy a smart phone to use the mobile app.
Without electricity all of this wouldn't work, this is also an external dependency. :D

I really hope that it does not stay this way in the long run. The app is new and has much potential. Not adding VNC/noVNC support for consoles doesn't seem reasonable to me at the moment.

Looking at the status of running VMs with the app works fine, but with containers I get errors:
Deserializing '[xyz, (various other strings), ...' to 'PveNodesLxcStatusModel' failed due to: Deserializing '1' to 'num' failed due to: '_OneByteString' is not a subtype of type 'num' in type cast.
where xyz is vmid or cpus or template or disk or ... My Proxmox VE 6.2-11 machine and the app are without any updates pending.
arch: amd64 console: 0 cpulimit: 1 cpuunits: 256 hostname: email10 memory: 192 net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr3,firewall=1,gw=172.17.3.1,hwaddr=52:54:56:17:03:10,ip=172.17.3.10/24,type=veth onboot: 1 ostype: debian protection: 1 rootfs: local-zfs:subvol-110-disk-0,mountoptions=noatime,size=3G swap: 24 unprivileged: 1

another deserializing error LXC config file examples (new feature request: copy text from error message ;)):
arch: amd64 cores: 2 hostname: server12345 memory: 1024 mp0: /fileserver/test,mp=/mnt/test net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr1,hwaddr=AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,ip=dhcp,tag=50,type=veth onboot: 1 ostype: ubuntu rootfs: local-lvm:vm-111-disk-0,size=5G swap: 256 unprivileged: 1 lxc.idmap: u 0 100000 1000 lxc.idmap: u 1000 3000052 1 lxc.idmap: u 1001 101001 64530 lxc.idmap: g 0 100000 1000 lxc.idmap: g 1000 3000046 1 lxc.idmap: g 1001 101001 64530

arch: amd64 cores: 2 features: keyctl=1,nesting=1 hostname: server-6789 memory: 2048 net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr1,hwaddr=AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,ip=dhcp,tag=40,type=veth onboot: 1 ostype: ubuntu rootfs: local-lvm:vm-114-disk-0,size=10G swap: 512 unprivileged: 1 lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: a lxc.cap.drop: lxc.apparmor.raw: mount,

another deserializing error LXC config file examples (new feature request: copy text from error message ;)):
arch: amd64 cores: 2 hostname: server12345 memory: 1024 mp0: /fileserver/test,mp=/mnt/test net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr1,hwaddr=AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,ip=dhcp,tag=50,type=veth onboot: 1 ostype: ubuntu rootfs: local-lvm:vm-111-disk-0,size=5G swap: 256 unprivileged: 1 lxc.idmap: u 0 100000 1000 lxc.idmap: u 1000 3000052 1 lxc.idmap: u 1001 101001 64530 lxc.idmap: g 0 100000 1000 lxc.idmap: g 1000 3000046 1 lxc.idmap: g 1001 101001 64530

arch: amd64 cores: 2 features: keyctl=1,nesting=1 hostname: server-6789 memory: 2048 net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr1,hwaddr=AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,ip=dhcp,tag=40,type=veth onboot: 1 ostype: ubuntu rootfs: local-lvm:vm-114-disk-0,size=10G swap: 512 unprivileged: 1 lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: a lxc.cap.drop: lxc.apparmor.raw: mount,
Can you please check if you are on the latest app version?

Is it the exact same error? This part would be interesting ' Deserializing '1' to 'num' failed due to: '

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!