How can I enable snapshots on LXC Container?

At the moment, my LXC container is running Debian 10 on ext4 file system. The Container is stored on the same disk where is running Proxmox (/var/lib/vz/), and this latter is using ext4 as well. If I convert my LXC ext4 file system to ZFS then will I able to take Snapshot? How can I convert it?

If I convert my LXC ext4 file system to ZFS then will I able to take Snapshot? How can I convert it?

You need to convert the host storage to ZFS. You can do this by reinstalling. Backup all your VMs/CTs to an external storage, reinstall PVE with ZFS and restore all you VMs/CTs

ZFS heavily trades IO performance for caching / RAM consumption. So if you have enough RAM, your IO will be even faster than before. If you don't have enough RAM, the IO will be slow and RAM occupied.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!