display syslog make pveproxy unresponsible

mir

Famous Member
Apr 14, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi all,
Anybody else experiences problems with the webui and firefox-esr? If I have the webui running in a tab of firefox-esr for several hours the tab will crash and the only way to fix it is to close the tab. The same thing does not happen with the normal firefox.

Hi mir,

I'm using here the Firefox 52 from upstream.
It works fine and does not crash if I got it open a working day.

Hi Wolfgang,
'm using here the Firefox 52 from upstream.
It works fine and does not crash if I got it open a working day.
Ditto here:
dpkg -s firefox-esr
Package: firefox-esr
Priority: optional
Section: web
Installed-Size: 162542
Maintainer: Maintainers of Mozilla-related packages <team+pkg-mozilla@tracker.debian.org>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 60.6.1esr-1

Sorry I meant 66.0.3

I have more different installations ;-)
But both work

I have narrowed it down to a problem when I choose to have the syslog displayed and it is not specific to any browser. What happens is that pveproxy simply becomes unresponsible and a systemctl restart pveproxy.service is required to make the gui functional again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!