Need to know how to restart pve-manager.service

jarenas

Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I've followed this thread https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/increase-maximum-usb-devices-in-vm-conf.26551/ because I also need mapping more than 5 usb, I edited the file required (/usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm), but I don't know how to restart pve-manager.service, I didn't see it with systemctl, service or /etc/init.d/. How can I do it?

My proxmox version is 5.2-1

Also I've got some problems with a Windows 10 VM with 5 ports mapped, because I can only see 3 usb, the same problem like in this thread https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/vm-limited-to-3-usb-3-0-devices.39151/

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Last edited:
pve-manager is only a virtual systemd unit
i guess what you want to restart is pvedaemon and/or pveproxy

pve-manager is only a virtual systemd unit
i guess what you want to restart is pvedaemon and/or pveproxy
I want to apply the changes that I did in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm without restart the whole host

Also, to apply these changes is it necesary to stop the virtual machines?

Thanks

Somebody can help me? It's critical for us to have more than 5 USB ports, and we need to apply the changes soon without restart the whole server.

Thanks a lot.

I want to apply the changes that I did in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm without restart the whole host

Also, to apply these changes is it necesary to stop the virtual machines?

Thanks

After restart pvedaemon and pveproxy I could add more than 5 usb.

Thanks.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!