pveproxy for multiple clusters?

tsumaru720

May 1, 2016
Hi all

just wondering if you have any plans at all for something like a standalone version of pveproxy that would allow you to manage multiple clusters from one web interface?

So for example, you build out cluster1 - any of those nodes can be used to manage that cluster no problem.

You the build out cluster2 and again, any of those nodes can manage that cluster, but you still have to use two separate interfaces if you want to view/do simple maintenance such as reboot/create VMs.

It would be nice if I could install a lightweight/standalone pveproxy and "add" clusters so that I can do basic management from it for any of the clusters. This would be especially useful if you look after multiple clusters in different locations as in theory the "controller" would only need SSH access to each node of the respective clusters?

What do you guys think?

Reactions: fv1
Hi all

just wondering if you have any plans at all for something like a standalone version of pveproxy that would allow you to manage multiple clusters from one web interface?

So for example, you build out cluster1 - any of those nodes can be used to manage that cluster no problem.

You the build out cluster2 and again, any of those nodes can manage that cluster, but you still have to use two separate interfaces if you want to view/do simple maintenance such as reboot/create VMs.

It would be nice if I could install a lightweight/standalone pveproxy and "add" clusters so that I can do basic management from it for any of the clusters. This would be especially useful if you look after multiple clusters in different locations as in theory the "controller" would only need SSH access to each node of the respective clusters?

What do you guys think?

Good idea - we already consider it, but currently we cannot promise a certain date or version for implementation.

This is the one feature that is stopping me from recomending this in my environment, can't wait to be able to have proxmox clusters running in each DC.

Hi all,

to someone know anything about the progress in this kind of "management node"?

As we also have a constant growing PVE environments it would really be easier to manage all the PVE Cluster and single-pve nodes from within one Interface!...

best regards.

Hi all

What do you guys think?
I guess thats already in roadmap. PVEclient and Cross Cluster Mechanisms

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!