Chroot /target dpkg error

foxjojo

May 10, 2010
Hi, I'm new to proxmox and thought I would give it a test using virtualbox. When I try to install proxmox ve I get this error message at the end of the installation
"command 'chroot /target dpkg --force-confold --configure -a' failed with the exit code 1 at /usr/bin/proxinstall line 153. Anyone know what this means and how best to resolve it...greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm new to proxmox and thought I would give it a test using virtualbox. When I try to install proxmox ve I get this error message at the end of the installation
"command 'chroot /target dpkg --force-confold --configure -a' failed with the exit code 1 at /usr/bin/proxinstall line 153. Anyone know what this means and how best to resolve it...greatly appreciated.
Hi,
proxmox ve is designed to run on bare metal - it makes no sense to run proxmox as a virtualbox vm.
Use for test an seperate hard disk (all content will be lost).

Udo

Hello,

I have suffered the same case as you in a machine bare metal and the failure was due to the fqdn name in my case for putting ç.

Regards

I'm receiving the same error

aanibaacj.jpg

The hardware is HP DL385 G1, I'm going to try a different FQDN and see if it fixes the problem.

Changing the hostname from 000.vmhost.domain.com to vmhost.domain.com in the installer fixed this error for me. Must be a bug in the installer.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!