[CLIENT][APP]Aprox - A Proxmox VE Client for Android

mKenfenheuer

Mar 20, 2017
Hi guys,

some of you might already know my app but in case you missed it:

Aprox is a Proxmox VE Client for Android which lets you control your cluster from your mobile device.

You can download it on Google-Play:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenfenheuer.proxmoxclient

Beta-Testing:
play.google.com/apps/testing/com.kenfenheuer.proxmoxclient

Issues:
https://gitlab.mkenfenheuer.de/android/ProxmoxClient/issues

This thread is meant to give you guys the chance to leave feedback and to share your experience with me and others. Don't hesitate to ask for help.

Last edited:
My only complaint is that "live migration" needs "with-local-disks" as an option. I have a "shared nothing" environment with zfs as the storage target. Thank you very much, I have already purchased the lifetime subscription.

Reactions: mKenfenheuer
Yes, thanks, I know about your app. I'm glad you finally create the option to buy the app and not pay subscription every month (which is really crazy idea for such app in the first place).
I'm waiting for the moment your app begin to support pve auth+otp and then probably will buy it.

Just purchased it today after recent features added. It does cost alot, but I can sort of understand, since the market is limited for such an app, and you need money for your time... Good thing I got those google survey money ;)

Reactions: mKenfenheuer
My only complaint is that "live migration" needs "with-local-disks" as an option. I have a "shared nothing" environment with zfs as the storage target. Thank you very much, I have already purchased the lifetime subscription.
I'll try to add this in the next update. This is just like an additional toggle button and an api option.

Yes, thanks, I know about your app. I'm glad you finally create the option to buy the app and not pay subscription every month (which is really crazy idea for such app in the first place).
I'm waiting for the moment your app begin to support pve auth+otp and then probably will buy it.

Pve + otp is kind of an issue right now. I'll need to make some changes to the api since it needs to supply the current otp every time it is logging in. I'll do my best.

I've added some Bugfixes and a new VNC client in todays' beta update. It would be great if you guys could have a short look at it.

Hi,

It could be great to have a search or be able to order vm by name. (I have 1500 vms in 1 cluster).

Also loading is quite long with such number of vms. (2-3minutes easily) (don't have this problem with other proxmox android app)

Thank you for your app!!! I wrote to you in play market about edit exitions vms and ct. Search options is great feature too.

I have decided to "invest" in your app and purchased the lifetime subscription ;-)
I understand the current issue with OTP and I hope you can find a solution in the near future.
I want to report a bug, which prevents me (and probably many others) from using it:
The app doesn't honor the routing table of the phone. For example in my phone after connecting my VPN I have the following routing table:
Ipv4 Routes:
Code:
10.6.11.0/255.255.255.0 dev tun0
192.168.13.0/255.255.255.0 dev wlan0

Aprox doesn't go via tun0 for IP addresses from 10.6.11.0/24 network. Instead it is trying to reach them via the default route via wlan0.
All other apps are following the correct route path for 10.6.11.0/24 and accessing fine the 10.6.11.0/24 network via tun0 (OpenVPN)

I have decided to "invest" in your app and purchased the lifetime subscription ;-)
I understand the current issue with OTP and I hope you can find a solution in the near future.
I want to report a bug, which prevents me (and probably many others) from using it:
The app doesn't honor the routing table of the phone. For example in my phone after connecting my VPN I have the following routing table:
Ipv4 Routes:
Code:
10.6.11.0/255.255.255.0 dev tun0
192.168.13.0/255.255.255.0 dev wlan0

Aprox doesn't go via tun0 for IP addresses from 10.6.11.0/24 network. Instead it is trying to reach them via the default route via wlan0.
All other apps are following the correct route path for 10.6.11.0/24 and accessing fine the 10.6.11.0/24 network via tun0 (OpenVPN)

Sorry for my late reply. Somehow Android is routing the HTTP Request wrong. I am currently looking into this but as this is propably Android related (and related to my way of handling Android functions) this might take some time. Honestly i have no clue why the requests are not routed trough tun0.

Thank you for your app!!! I wrote to you in play market about edit exitions vms and ct. Search options is great feature too.

Hi,

It could be great to have a search or be able to order vm by name. (I have 1500 vms in 1 cluster).

Also loading is quite long with such number of vms. (2-3minutes easily) (don't have this problem with other proxmox android app)

I'll try to include the search feature in the next feature update. Editing vm's will take some time.

Thank you for opening this issue-tracker. I was first - just reported my Aprox "grave bug" there ;)

Aprox app had been running perfectly on my Note 8 earlier when it was running Android 7.0. However as I updated today to Android 8.0 now whenever I am opening the app it is simply crashing on the start up. Can you please help me fix it?

Update: Upon uninstalling the app and reinstalling it has been working smooth again! :)

Last edited:
Aprox app had been running perfectly on my Note 8 earlier when it was running Android 7.0. However as I updated today to Android 8.0 now whenever I am opening the app it is simply crashing on the start up. Can you please help me fix it?

Hi,

of course.
Can you tell me the version of the app?
Do you use the latest beta version?
Please also try to clear cache and app-data, if this still does not help, please remove the app completely and install again.

Thanks,

Max

Two complains I have:

1) hold to select and copy on node console does not work. It might just be because its just the html console view displayed in the app.

2) It would be nice to have arrow keys and ctrl keys on the node console (similar to what juice ssh client has)

Reactions: fireon
Hi guys,

some of you might already know my app but in case you missed it:

Aprox is a Proxmox VE Client for Android which lets you control your cluster from your mobile device.

You can download it on Google-Play:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenfenheuer.proxmoxclient

Beta-Testing:
play.google.com/apps/testing/com.kenfenheuer.proxmoxclient

Issues:
https://gitlab.mkenfenheuer.de/android/ProxmoxClient/issues

This thread is meant to give you guys the chance to leave feedback and to share your experience with me and others. Don't hesitate to ask for help.

Hey,

Do you have public git with app release and so on? I'd like to see a changelog, as you update the app almost everyday :).

Reactions: fireon
Ich wollte mir heute deinen Quellcode anschauen, leider musste ich feststellen, dass dein Gitlab nicht mehr erreichbar ist. Gibt es eine andere Möglichkeit den Quellcode einzusehen.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!