[SOLVED] restore failed - wrong vma extent header chechsum

V3R4DE

May 15, 2017
Hello,

i try to restore my virtual machines from backup via the web interface, but i get these error message:

** (process:30541): ERROR **: restore failed - wrong vma extent header chechsum
/bin/bash: line 1: 30540 Broken pipe zcat /media/BACKUP/Proxmox/dump/vzdump-qemu-100-2017_05_28-10_30_02.vma.gz
30541 Trace/breakpoint trap | vma extract -v -r /var/tmp/vzdumptmp30538.fifo - /var/tmp/vzdumptmp30538
temporary volume 'r1volume1TB:vm-101-disk-1' sucessfuly removed
TASK ERROR: command 'zcat /media/BACKUP/Proxmox/dump/vzdump-qemu-100-2017_05_28-10_30_02.vma.gz|vma extract -v -r /var/tmp/vzdumptmp30538.fifo - /var/tmp/vzdumptmp30538' failed: exit code 133

I am using proxmox v5 beta 2. What can i do?

Thank you for your help!

The backup completed with no errors and the files are on and external USB drive. I can not believe that they are corrupt.
Any other possibilities?

did you create the backups with an early version of the beta? if yes, there was a bug, where the backups written were corrupt

Specifically compressed backups created with qemu <2.9.0-1~rc2+4 in the beta.

I need to reboot after upgrade?

If you installed a new kernel, yes. If you just upgrade qemu, a stop and start of the VM is enough.

I have the same problem in a proxmox beta Virtual Environment 5.0-5 / c155b5bc
and I urgently need to recover that vm. I've already tried in the other versions of proxomox that follow and I get the same error

beforehand
thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!