unable to create fairsched node - still in use

We create a 'fairsched' entry in the kernel for each VM.

Does something unusual happened? Seems that VM was not cleanly shutdown/removed. A reboot should help.

We create a 'fairsched' entry in the kernel for each VM.

Does something unusual happened? Seems that VM was not cleanly shutdown/removed. A reboot should help.

I see the virtual machine is still running, but Proxmox VE interface doesn't show it.

Perhaps a side effect of my tests with guest migration with iSCSI storage.

Hi,
I am having the same problem after I upgraded to the last version. Did the restart, upgrade, update....still no luck.

virt13:/home/emil# qm start 103
unable to create fairsched node
start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -monitor unix:/var/run/qemu-server/103.mon,server,nowait -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/103.vnc,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/103.pid -daemonize -usbdevice tablet -name Windows2003_2 -smp sockets=1,cores=1 -vga cirrus -tdf -localtime -rtc-td-hack -drive file=/var/lib/vz/images/103/vm-103-disk-1.qcow2,if=ide,index=0,boot=on -drive file=,if=ide,index=3,media=cdrom -m 512 -net tap,vlan=1,ifname=vmtab103i1,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/bridge-vlan -net nic,vlan=1,model=rtl8139,macaddr=0A:xx:xx:xx:xx:79 -id 103 -cpuunits 1000' failed with exit code 1

Any ideas?

PS: this virtual machine is a new one(created in the new version of Proxmox) as the old ones are having the same errors.
Thank you Proxmox team.
Emil

Last edited:
emil@virt13:~$ pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.4-9 (pve-manager/1.4/4390)
qemu-server: 1.1-8
pve-kernel: 2.6.24-16
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.11.0-2
pve-firmware: 1
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve3
vzdump: 1.2-5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
emil@virt13:~$

Maybe you have duplicate VM IDs? an Openvz VM with ID 103? If not, try to reboot the server and see if that solves the problem.

I have de same problem after upgrading a server to the 2.6.32 kernel.

/usr/sbin/qm start 120
start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -monitor unix:/var/run/qemu-server/120.mon,server,nowait -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/120.vnc,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/120.pid -daemonize -usbdevice tablet -name simba -smp sockets=1,cores=1 -boot c -vga cirrus -tdf -k en-us -drive file=/var/lib/vz/images/120/vm-120-disk-1.raw,if=ide,index=0,boot=on -drive file=/dev/cdrom,if=ide,index=2,media=cdrom -m 1024 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=vmtab120i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/bridge-vlan -net nic,vlan=0,model=e1000,macaddr=6A:C3:D9:DB:4A:EC -id 120 -cpuunits 1000' failed with exit code 1
VM 120 start failed -

pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.4-10 (pve-manager/1.4/4403)
pve-kernel: not correctly installed

I copied the VM from another server with kernel 2.6.24-9-pve

It seems that i have another big problem. This updated server was part of a cluster, but i removed it from that cluster and it is working as a stand-alone pve, and now any moved/created VM doesn't start, and when i try to edit the hardware (when i click on the "hardware" link, i get this error:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, root and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
[2525]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: command '/sbin/vgchange -aly storage01' failed with exit code 5

storage01 is a storage of the cluster that this server used to be part of. It seems that pulling a server out of a cluster leaves many configurations on that server in a way that almost breaks it.
Anyway, thanks a lot but i thing i'll re-install proxmox since it is a testing server and i thing i really messed it up. So don't worry and thanks again!

I have de same problem after upgrading a server to the 2.6.32 kernel.

/usr/sbin/qm start 120
start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -monitor unix:/var/run/qemu-server/120.mon,server,nowait -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/120.vnc,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/120.pid -daemonize -usbdevice tablet -name simba -smp sockets=1,cores=1 -boot c -vga cirrus -tdf -k en-us -drive file=/var/lib/vz/images/120/vm-120-disk-1.raw,if=ide,index=0,boot=on -drive file=/dev/cdrom,if=ide,index=2,media=cdrom -m 1024 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=vmtab120i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/bridge-vlan -net nic,vlan=0,model=e1000,macaddr=6A:C3:D9:DB:4A:EC -id 120 -cpuunits 1000' failed with exit code 1
VM 120 start failed -

pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.4-10 (pve-manager/1.4/4403)
pve-kernel: not correctly installed

I copied the VM from another server with kernel 2.6.24-9-pve

run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade to get the latest version.

I just run
run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade
but still the same problem.
I rebooted the server and still the same.

As i said, i'm going reinstall since i was testing many things, i went back and forward with cluster, etc, etc. So don't worry, i must have done many things wrong in the midle.

I found proxmox ve last week, i find it amazing. And now i have 3 responses in 2 hours on this forum.
You guys rock !!

oh, I found the issue. the pvetest repository is missing some packages, we will fix this, please wait with testing.

Uh, sorry. I already re-installed... It's just that it is so easy installing...
I think next time i better wait longer to help you debug problems... sorry again!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!