Proxmox VE 4.0 beta1 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the document two_node requires hardware fencing. Are you going to support it with hw fencing?

Hello

Regarding

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD9

Are the pve3 network settings right?

And finally the third node pve3:

# network interface settings
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 10.0.0.82
netmask 255.255.255.0

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.15.82
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.15.1
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0
And one question about DRDB

Suppose we have a 6 node cluster and want them to be in DRDB pairs
Eg node1 paired to node2, node3 paired to node4 etc

Which is the right way to do this?

Follow the procedure described in wiki for every pair of nodes?

Seems the network configuration for the third node (pve3) in Proxmox DRBD9 wiki isn't correct or just should be skipped

Last edited:
I have tried LXC with couple of different templates and receiving same error "TASK ERROR: Insecure dependency in unlink while running with -T switch at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Tools.pm line 187.or " Anybody experiencing same error?

Creating LXC and receiving this error: TASK ERROR: Insecure dependency in unlink while running with -T switch at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Tools.pm line 187.

I have used templates from Proxmox web interface mostly turnkey appliances but also CentOS 6. All of them openvz. Do I need to change something inside templates?

Yes this is fresh install
proxmox-ve: 4.0-3 (running kernel: 3.19.8-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.0-16 (running version: 4.0-16/a7dc5694)
pve-kernel-3.19.8-1-pve: 3.19.8-3
lvm2: 2.02.116-pve1
corosync-pve: 2.3.4-2
libqb0: 0.17.1-3
pve-cluster: 4.0-13
qemu-server: 4.0-12
pve-firmware: 1.1-5
libpve-common-perl: 4.0-8
libpve-access-control: 4.0-5
libpve-storage-perl: 4.0-11
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.5-1
vncterm: 1.2-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.3-5
pve-container: 0.7-2
pve-firewall: 2.0-3
pve-ha-manager: 1.0-4
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-2
lxc-pve: 1.1.2-1
lxcfs: 0.9-pve1
cgmanager: 0.37-pve1

I am using local LVM storage default for Proxmox installation. Initially I installed one Proxmox node. After that I have added other two nodes and created cluster in order to test HA. HA is working perfectly. Then I install ceph cluster on the three nodes. Also is working fine except links for ceph repository for Jessie is wrong. So you cant use pveceph install but apt-get install ceph which installs firefly.

Also another clue which might be of intrest. Normally I am testing Proxmox on VMware workstation before deploy on physical servers but KVM part is working fine. I have deployed win 7 64 bit without any problem. Only LXC part is giving me trouble.

I am using local LVM storage default for Proxmox installation. Initially I installed one Proxmox node. After that I have added other two nodes and created cluster in order to test HA. HA is working perfectly. Then I install ceph cluster on the three nodes. Also is working fine except links for ceph repository for Jessie is wrong. So you cant use pveceph install but apt-get install ceph which installs firefly.

Ceph is not available yet for Jessie - read the first post from this thread. We expect packages in a few weeks.

That's really great news for me, as I only use the OVZ functionality on my hosts. lxc Linux Containers is definitely the way forward here. I hope all the management functionality will be integrated into Proxmox VE soon.

However, still having to maintain a full linux for each running application was driving me so crazy that I even considered to swap Proxmox VE for Kubernetes. I didn't do it mainly for two reasons: no virtualization and no hiearchical structuring of dependencies.

• Which ist the current Proxmox VE positon regarding Docker containers and the correcponding management like Kubernetes?
  • Will there be a native docker container support?
  • Can Kubernetes be run in a lxc container and interact with Proxmox VE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!