ZFS over iSCSI with nexenta

lydia

Nov 28, 2016
France
Hi Everybody,

Version Proxmox : 4.2-2
I'd like to use Nexenta storage in order to use ZFS over iscsi. I used this link : https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage:_ZFS_over_iSCSI and ths link https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/problem-with-iscsi-target-on-nexentastor.26001/

But when i tried to add VM in this store
upload_2017-4-1_21-44-5.png

On my storage nexenta
:

root@nexenta-ST:~# zpool status
pool: nexenta
state: ONLINE
scan: none requested
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
nexenta ONLINE 0 0 0
c1d1 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors

On my proxmox:
upload_2017-4-1_21-45-26.png

The target is the nexenta's target; The pool names "nexenta"

When i try to connect to nexenta's store from my node proxmox in order to test rsa. I have no problem but if i tape ssh -o ..... message=> Permission denied
upload_2017-4-1_21-47-27.png

Could you tell me please, which procedure did I not apply.
Thank you very much for your help

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-1_21-43-40.png
    upload_2017-4-1_21-43-40.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 6
Before doing anything else I suggest you upgrade your proxmox. Latest version is 4.4-13 and your version is 4.2-2 which is an old version. There have been updates to ssh.

Hi Mir,
Thank you very much for your reply. But unfortunately, after upgrade I still have the same message :(

When you log in with ssh root@172.16.250.154 do you then use password?
You also remembered this?
  • Nexenta: Apart from performing the steps above the following is required: rm /root/.bash_profile. To avoid to go in nmc console by default.

Reactions: lydia
yes I have tape this command so when I connect me to nexenta's console, it works normally
upload_2017-4-2_15-26-11.png

When I tape on one of my nodes. I connect to my nexenta whithout password. it works
upload_2017-4-2_15-27-38.png

I don't understand where is the problem?
Is the 172.16.250.154_id_ rsa.pub(which is in /etc/pve/priv/zfs) should be the same as on my storage nexenta? I don't think so.
So I don't understand.

The pool's name on nexenta store is
upload_2017-4-2_15-58-36.png

On my proxmox
upload_2017-4-2_15-59-15.png
But I don't see anything about the size store
upload_2017-4-2_16-0-22.png and iqn on nexenta store upload_2017-4-2_16-1-59.png
thx for your help

Hi Mir,
Finally, I deleted all files in .ssh/ on my storage and deleted all files on the directory /etc/pve/priv/zfs and I have done all the procédure.
And now it works.

Thank you so much for your helping. Have good day.

Hi Mir,
Finally, I deleted all files in .ssh/ on my storage and deleted all files on the directory /etc/pve/priv/zfs and I have done all the procédure.
And now it works.

Thank you so much for your helping. Have good day.
Your welcome ;-)

I have an idea to what might have been your problem. If you did rm /root/.bash_profile after you did
ssh-copy-id -i /etc/pve/priv/zfs/<IP>_id_rsa.pub root@<IP> then your key was not copied to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys in which case your login using ssh-rsa fais.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!