ZFS over ISCSI on HP MSA 1040 SAN

Hi,

AFIK HP MSA have no support for ZFS.

from iscsi you get block device, like hard disk, and you can partitioning and format it as you wish
but this is not zfs over iscsi

zfs over iscsi means that the underlying storage of the server which provides iscsi is zfs

but this is not zfs over iscsi

zfs over iscsi means that the underlying storage of the server which provides iscsi is zfs
How you see that?

Inside the storage - hardware raid. Raid logical disk shared as iscsi lun. Where is zfs?
iscsi - is not file share.

We can create numerous raid0 (each for single disk), and export each as iscsi lun, and use it on host as hdd's for zfs (but, IMHO it don't have any sence)

How you see that?
we have a storage plugin which is (on the gui) called "ZFS over iSCSI"
this is a storage plugin where we use the luns of a server while controlling them via ssh and assume that the underlying storage is zfs
the idea of it is to use iscsi lun, but you are able to clone/snapshot it

We can create numerous raid0 (each for single disk), and export each as iscsi lun, and use it on host as hdd's for zfs (but, IMHO it don't have any sence)
of course you can do this, and yes this makes no sense, so i wrote this is not "zfs over iscsi"

Excuse me, let's relive this post after so long.

I just dismissed ZFS over SCSI since MSA does not support it.

What was the best solution to link MSA with Proxmox? I'm interested in your experience

What is the best configuration for the MSA with proxmox?

Thanks!!

Excuse me, let's relive this post after so long.

I just dismissed ZFS over SCSI since MSA does not support it.

What was the best solution to link MSA with Proxmox? I'm interested in your experience

What is the best configuration for the MSA with proxmox?

Thanks!!
we are too ..!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!