zfs 0.7.4 info

dendi

Renowned Member
Nov 17, 2011
Hello,
I see zfs 0.7.4 is out.
On the github page I read this notice for version 0.7.4:

• The new systemd zfs-import.target file was added to the RPM packages but not automatically enabled at install time. This leads to an incorrect unit ordering on startup and missing mounted file systems. This issue can be resolved by running systemctl enable zfs-import.target after installing the packages. #6953
I think this not affect proxmox but I want ask to be sure.

Another question: does the pool need an upgrade?

Do you suggest to upgrade from 0.7.3 in production enviroment?

Thank you

No LnxBil, I only see it on pve-no-subscription from 19 Jan and just asked if someone did the upgrade.
My major concern is the zfs-import.target notice and I'd like to see a reply from Proxmox staff

No LnxBil, I only see it on pve-no-subscription from 19 Jan and just asked if someone did the upgrade.

I'm running the pve-no-subscription version without a problem.

My major concern is the zfs-import.target notice and I'd like to see a reply from Proxmox staff

Proxmox packages zfsonlinux on its own, so you can follow every change that has been made to zfsonlinux by the Proxmox staff in the corresponding git:
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=zfsonlinux.git;a=summary

You can also see a zfs-import.target commit there, which could satisfy your need of a "reply from Proxmox staff".

our zfs packages currently contain 0.7.4 + cherry-picks from 0.7.5 and 0.7.6, the changelog and git history gives you more details if you need them.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!