XFCE Desktop environment issues

madroamer

Oct 9, 2023
Hi

i preferred a desktop environment for proxmox and so i installed XFCE Desktop environment through online guide.

after some time i cant open chromium browser in this. rest when start it goes to desktop gui mode etc.. only issue is i dont have any browser to run the proxmox or see VM's. i tried restarting etc but when click icon browser dont open at all..

via network and ip i opened proxmox and installed VM - truenas and windows. i want to use the server itself to open and config proxmox rather via network.

how to resolve this ?

If you're logging into your server's desktop as root, Chrome on Linux won't launch. You can edit the Chrome launcher to address this issue, or you can simply install firefox-esr.

Reactions: madroamer
If you're logging into your server's desktop as root, Chrome on Linux won't launch. You can edit the Chrome launcher to address this issue, or you can simply install firefox-esr.
Exactly I login as root only.. Wat is code and how to install Firefox? Plz share full code and how to. I am new to proxmox

Exactly I login as root only.. Wat is code and how to install Firefox? Plz share full code and how to. I am new to proxmox.

Also how to edit chrome launcher

Exactly I login as root only.. Wat is code and how to install Firefox? Plz share full code and how to. I am new to proxmox.

Also how to edit chrome launcher
It is really bad idea to use INTERNET (wild place full of threats) browser with root privileges but you can try on your own risk:
  1. Open Terminal and Type Command.
  2. vim /usr/share/applications/chromium.desktop.
  3. Go to line 131. " Exec=/usr/bin/chromium %U" and add with space after the %U.
  4. "--no-sandbox"
  5. save and quit. ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!