Wordpress jitterentropy-rngd 100% CPU usage

oiwruk

Aug 4, 2021
I have installed the Turnkey Wordpress LXC on the latest Proxmox but after running for some time normally, the CPU usage spikes to 100% due to jitterentropy-rngd.

What could be causing this? Can I disable the jitterentropy-rngd service?

Many thanks

hi,

how many CPU cores do you have for this container?

What could be causing this? Can I disable the jitterentropy-rngd service?
that service seems to provide entropy for the system by measuring cpu jitter.

we don't maintain the turnkey containers ourselves so i'm not sure what it's used specifically for in the wordpress setup, but most likely it should be safe to stop/disable it, and see if anything breaks :)

hi,

how many CPU cores do you have for this container?

that service seems to provide entropy for the system by measuring cpu jitter.

we don't maintain the turnkey containers ourselves so i'm not sure what it's used specifically for in the wordpress setup, but most likely it should be safe to stop/disable it, and see if anything breaks :)
Thanks for the reply!
It hangs on every reboot regardless of whether I give it 1 or 4 cores. I ended up disabling the service after the initial setup and everything seems to be working fine so far.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!