Windows server unallocated disk greyed out

DavidSz

May 9, 2020
Hello,

If been trying to extend my disk on my VM, if done this by adding 252GB through the proxmox GUI (via Resize Disk).

1595959768437.png

Now when I try to extend my C drive its greyed out, So I tried shrinking it and creating a new drive letter.
Same issue here it's also greyed out.

1595959849331.png

Anyone that can help me to extend or create a new simple volume? Whenever clicking on the unallocated one everything is greyed out.

1595959912152.png

I tried using third parties but nothing helped, I found out the unallocated part was MBR but not sure how to fix this..

1595960200860.png

Anyone that has an idea on how to fix this? Please note I don't know anything about linux so if you tell me to delete it via Proxmox pleas explain how or send me to a tutorial.

Thank you

David

Anyone that has an idea on how to fix this? Please note I don't know anything about linux so if you tell me to delete it via Proxmox pleas explain how or send me to a tutorial.

This is not a Linux topic, you are dealing here with the partitions inside Windows. You will find tons of howto via your favorite search engine on the internet, explaining partions under windows.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!