Win 11 22H2, 7950x, nvidia 1070 Code 43 :(

bgiggle

Feb 28, 2023
Hello

I am pretty new to proxmox. I have recently upgraded my server to an AMD 7950x from a 5950x. I have been trying to get the GPU passthrough to work. I managed to get it working this morning on a new Windows 11 install everything seemed to work perfectly.

I then updated the VM to the 22H2 update for windows 11, and I am back to getting a code 43 issue on the GPU. Is there anything obvious I am missing?

Thanks

Pass-through also works if I use KVM64 CPU type instead of Host, but I think I need to use "Host" to get nested virtualisation, which I need for work.

I then updated the VM to the 22H2 update for windows 11, and I am back to getting a code 43 issue on the GPU. Is there anything obvious I am missing?
if it worked with a previous version of the guest os and you did not change anything on the host side, i believe it's a guest os/driver problem sadly

you can ofc post your logs/config, and try to use another guest os (e.g. windows10/ubuntu/etc.) to verify if it works there

if it worked with a previous version of the guest os and you did not change anything on the host side, i believe it's a guest os/driver problem sadly

you can ofc post your logs/config, and try to use another guest os (e.g. windows10/ubuntu/etc.) to verify if it works there
Hey, mine was working before I upgraded my proxmox. I remove my GPU, it boots. As soon as I do passthrough, it stops working. I upgraded to 7.3-6.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!