Why PBS doesn't show HOST format in PVE content interface?

Zamana

Renowned Member
Dec 20, 2015
Hi!

I'm using (or trying to) PBS, and there is something really weird: why it is possible to see the backup content of CTs and VMs format in the PVE interface, but not the HOST format?

imho because currently only ct/vm backups are "relevant" for pve systems (as there is no way directly with pve tooling to make a host backup, only by calling proxmox-backup-client directly)
but it can make sense, so if you want you can open a feature request here: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Thanks for replying Dominik.

Indeed, by some reason, PVE thinks that all my storage is clean, and all my content is inside CTs and VMs, but, at least in my case, is quite the opposite: all my really valuable and relevant content is in the host storage itself, and all my CTs and VMs are really disposable, because they serve only to manage/show/display/use my data storage.

Thanks for the link to suggest the feature.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!