Why one of my nodes have a different PVE kernel version ?

andrema2

Dec 7, 2020
Hi

I have 3 nodes in my lab. Two of them have Linux 5.15.35-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.15.35-3 as their kernel. The other one have Linux 5.15.35-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.15.35-2
I have checked the source list on all machines and they are the same.

The two that have the same versions are NUC PCs with i7 processors and the other one is a server with 2 Xeon E5-2620 v2 processors. Does it has anything to do with the difference ? I have never seen it with differences before.

Thanks

the last one either wasn't full updated at the same time, or just hasn't rebooted yet after the last kernel update.

the last one either wasn't full updated at the same time, or just hasn't rebooted yet after the last kernel update.
Thanks, was the reboot that was missing. I could swear that I've done it. Silly mistake....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!