why not include embed vpn in proxmox? :)

What Proxmox VE related usecase do you have in mind?

Wireguard is currently being integrated in the Linux Kernel and will be available with the upcomming Linux 5.6 release.

Until such a kernel becomes available in Proxmox VE you can already use it via a dkms build, e.g. from the testing repository "wireguard-dkms". We watch that project since it's inception.

Reactions: openaspace
this can be done only if you have all machines in the same company ;)

So, you don't have software defined network storage that would allow that? We (or our customers) have a lot of machines hosted and housed in different datacenters, and the infrastructure-provider only allows access via VPN, which they configure and manage. I've never seen an unencrypted link between different system, even if they are not the same company.

I've never seen an unencrypted link between different system, even if they are not the same company.
I'm not understanding what you're referring to. Openvpn and wireguard are completely different things.
Openvpn require a lot of configuration job. Wireguards is fast. And for same company.. i'm referring to the virtual vSwitch technology that any datacenter offer that is a fast standard network approach...

https://www.wireguard.com/#conceptual-overview

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!