why no offline lxc migration via gui?

fips

Renowned Member
May 5, 2014
Hey,

I am moving ct from one node to another and I was asking myself why there is no option to offline migrate lxc container.
If you have only lxc container on one node and you want to move them with "Migrate all VMs an Container" button, its of course not possible but it would be very helpful until livemigration becomes ready.

why there is no option to offline migrate lxc container.

This is implemented since a long time and works great. Seem you run not latest version, upgrade to latest!

I knew I explained it wrong :)
My idea: If you hit the "Migrate all VMs and Container" button on a node, one by one will be switched off, migrated to new node, and than started.

Now I have to hit first the "Shutdown all VMs and Container", than "Migrate all VMs and Container" and finally on the new node "Start all VMs and Container". Which works of course fine, but if there is a VM inbetween it will be switched off too even if it can be live migrated.

Well its nothing important, just wanted to give a small feedback ;-)

I knew I explained it wrong :)
My idea: If you hit the "Migrate all VMs and Container" button on a node, one by one will be switched off, migrated to new node, and than started.

this is already in our todo list.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!