Why does maxdisk only account boot disk ?

danielb

Renowned Member
Jun 1, 2018
Bordeaux (france)
I'm querying PVE API to monitor resource usage with Zabbix. And I'm wondering, why does the maxdisk prop (in /cluster/resources or /pools/<pool name> for example) only accounts the size of the boot disk ? Wouldn't it make more sense to sum all the disks attached to the VM / attached to VM of the pool ?

Hello Proxmox,

This behaviour also seems to be the case when exporting Metrics to InfluxDB. A VM with two disks only gets scsi0 counted. This is bad, because somehow I want to have a calculation of allocated Space vs available Space to raise an alert avoiding the Risk to overprovision a CEPH.

Hello Proxmox,

I'm encountering the same anomaly trying to use the nice italian software cv4pve-cli to query the status of virtual machines, but some of them have more than one connected disk. Does anyone know a possible workaround to find out how much total disk is allocated?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!