WHMCS & Proxmox - How does it work? Pros/Cons?

S

SysFailure0x5a

I have a few servers and about to drop them in a colo. I'm planning to use WHMCS due to the monthly cost vs a large upfront cost. Who here is using WHMCS and what are the benefits and cons to using it? Does it work well with KVM and OpenVZ sales? I plan to do both...

it works.

you can automate openvz completly...

kvm needs manual intervention to configure networking to provide service.

All in all with purchase of auto provision tool you can automate provisioning and offer vps control to clients to vnc, start, stop, shutdown their vps

yeah whmcs works the best while hostbill only support old proxmox version, i still waiting they developer to support new proxmox. some kvm networking setup able to automate like MAC address using --unique option.

Well it sounds like the Proxmox integration with WHMCS is bad. Why would I have to manually configure KVM orders? I mean come on....

I dont recommend the websoftsolus option.

You must pay for all the nodes in the cluster, even if you dont use them.

The GUI is bad and have a lot of limitations.

I dont recommend the websoftsolus option.

You must pay for all the nodes in the cluster, even if you dont use them.

The GUI is bad and have a lot of limitations.

Agreed you have to pay for that but the option are nice to have. I have not seen anything else that is working 100% to managed openvz or kvm so something is better then nothing.:cool:

Yeah it looked pretty bad and the demo was stuck in French... But what am I supposed to use if I don't use that one? I'm also OK with one that only uses openvz if it means I get a better product.

+1

im testing the french module now and i already managed to lock its license by adding a second node (no matter if its inside a cluster or not)

I Was really hard to set it up to initial testing because the documentation is not quite updated, and the module assumes you did some stuff so i had to review the howto few times to get it right.
Modulea assumes you set enough max values for a node (my test node was with limited ram so there was an error at first) also ips from block get locked to certain VM id's you cant remove if for some reason you dont use the Terminate function and for example remove the test VM's from proxmox admin. Im still fighting the network setup of this thing.. so maybe ye its better than nothing

one thing i worry about is what will happen if for some reason their service go out (similar to whmcs itself) who will check my license then?!

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to use whmcs at work to manage our customer portal, so I'm planning to code an "opensource/free" proxmox plugin for whmcs, but It'll be for the end of 2013.

I don't have read the whmcs documentation, but proxmox apis are really simple, it shouldn't be too difficult.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!