Where are the qcow2 disks in version 5.1

kumarullal

Renowned Member
Jun 17, 2009
LA, USA
Hi All,
In earlier version, the disks were found in /var/lib/vz/images
Where are they now? I have converted a Virtualbox vdi image to qcow2. I created a KVM VM with the same config as virtualbox. Now I want to replace the blank qcow2 disk with the VDI convrted qcow2 disk in the same location as the vm disk. I cannot find it. WHere is it now?
Thanks in advance

Maybe you just using the new default, lvm-thin.

So virtual disks are lvm-thin volumes and not qcow2 files by default.

Just create a directory storage (e.g. local or nfs) and use this as storage for your virtual disks.

I'm also facing the same issue.
As we are using proxmox 3.2 version previously, currently we want to migrate all the VM's to newer version of proxmox 5.2, but we dint find the location where it has to be copied. And the newly created VM's are accepting only RAW format. But all my previous VM's are qcow2 or vmdk format.

So please help me out as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.

lvm-thin is faster.

See the comparison here.
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage
Hey

I'm also facing the same issue.
As we are using proxmox 3.2 version previously, currently we want to migrate all the VM's to newer version of proxmox 5.2, but we dint find the location where it has to be copied. And the newly created VM's are accepting only RAW format. But all my previous VM's are qcow2 or vmdk format.

So please help me out as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!