What to do?

ressel

Mar 7, 2010
Hello Everybody,

Today i got a Centos 5.4 server with vmware 2.0 and 2 virtual machine on it.
Its really unstable, my server suddenly shutdown both vm's because vmware hostd i crashing, im really tired of vmware server because its like its not fully supported.

Therefor i have chosen that i want to change to something else, i have been looking at proxmox for some while now, and its seems like this is what i need.

My 2 vm's are following:
server 1:
Debian Lenny with Ispconfig 2 (webhosting)

Server 2:
Centos 5.4 with Ispconfig 3 (webhosting) i want to migrate this to a Debian when im going to make the move.

The server is located in a server center, and im not able to access it physical, is there a way i can setup something or migrate my vmware machine so they are ready before i overwrite my physical server with proxmox?

Hardware
Phenom X4 |64 Triple Core 2,3 GHz,
2x 750GB HDD RAID1,
6 GB Ram.

I got KVM over IP access and ssh access.

I really need some ideas/ help to how I can make the move.

Thanks.
VMware server 2.0 is now gone, my proxmox server have been running 2 days now, with my vm's.
I had a few problems findind a network driver that would work for both the centos and the debian server, but I made it work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!