Weird iGPU Passthrough behavior

kizzmansky

May 25, 2024
Hi. I've got a weird issue with iGPU Passthrough. I am running a number of VMs on Proxmox 8.1.4 on an HP Elite desk 800 G4 Mini with an Intel 8500T chip. I've decided to setup one more driving little HDMI touchscreen I've had kicking around for a touchscreen kiosk for Home Assistant. Followed number of guides for setting up iGPU passthrough and got pretty good results but it only works with Live OSes. As long as system boots from an ISO it's all good but as soon as OS is installed on virtual HDD I get no HDMI signal. I've tried Ubuntu/Fedora/Manjaro/Porteous/Slax and bunch of their flavours and other exotic tiny distros. Works live, black screen after installation. Clearly something wrong with my config but so far had been unable to find the culprit. Willing to try any suggestions and would appreciate any help.

I have seen threads here about passthrough working fine, except HDMI. Maybe search for those threads as some contained fixes (like a patched BIOS file or something).

EDIT: I also don't understand but maybe some of those threads I referred to can make help sense of it. Or maybe someone else will come along to explain it.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!