weekly backup of system

frater

Mar 16, 2011
I want to build a very simple proxmox-system to run 1 Windows-7 client that can be managed from remote. This system needs to be back-upped regularly and in case of a disaster should be up and running fast.

For reliability and speed I want to install proxmox on a 30 GB SSD. The Virtual machines will be installed on a 1 TB Seagate Constellation.

I was wondering if it's a good idea to do a weekly diskdump of the system partition of the 30 GB SSD to the 1 TB Constellation. In case the SSD fails I can turn it off and it will start from the Constellation.

Do you think this will work?
Will I not get into problems with sda/sdb?

if you want to be protected from a disk or SSD failure you should just go for raid controller.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!