Web Portal Rendering Issues Vivaldi Brower

Nov 18, 2023
Hi all,

This just started happening this morning! Up until yesterday the portal was working with out issue!

Vivaldi

1700308551016.png

Edge:
1700308583664.png

I've adjusted all the privacy settings down to 0 for the site, still having issues. Just wondering if others are seeing this?

Hi,
This just started happening this morning! Up until yesterday the portal was working with out issue!
Did the browser get an update or did you upgrade Proxmox VE?

It seems like your resource-tree is collapsed or, well, disappeared, but that one should be always visible.
Can you also try to reset the layout? For that open the My Settings dialog from the user menu at the top right.
And checking the browser's developer console for any error could be helpful too.

I mean it probably updated Vivaldi, i haven't updated my proxmox in a minute. Persists after reboot, i guess i'll use Edge for the moment and see if it corrects in Vivaldi.

Is there anything we can do to determine for sure what it might be so I can update vivaldi?

i guess i'll use Edge for the moment and see if it corrects in Vivaldi.
The odd thing is that both Edge and Vivaldi use the Blink browser engine (the one from chromium), so I'd think that it really has to do with some local change that Vivaldi applies.

Is there anything we can do to determine for sure what it might be so I can update vivaldi?
As mentioned, you could check the developer tools' console for some errors/warnings:
https://help.vivaldi.com/desktop/tools/developer-tools/

You could also check if you can reproduce the same issue when visiting our api-viewer tool:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/index.html

As that that uses the same JS framework as Proxmox VE does, but is way simpler and also publicly accessible for everyone, i.e., without the need of doing an installation.
Just compare how it renders in Edge and in Vivaldi. If that's broken too, you could send that link to the Vivaldi devs for an easily accessible reproducer.

I mean it probably updated Vivaldi, i haven't updated my proxmox in a minute. Persists after reboot, i guess i'll use Edge for the moment and see if it corrects in Vivaldi.

Might be that this can be indeed fixed at our side too, it seems blink (chromium) based browsers had some recent change that causes this.
See patch on our developer mailing list: https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2023-November/060511.html

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!