[SOLVED] Web GUI locks up every few seconds after cluster creation

nick793

Apr 28, 2021
Hi All,

I recently did a fresh install on my server of PVE 7 and migrated my VMs from my old PVE 6.4 box. Initially all was well, but after creating a cluster (with both boxes on PVE 7) I now cannot use the web UI for longer than a few seconds at a time. The underlying box appears fine - I can't spot anything in dmesg or syslog and my tmux sessions are still active afterwards.

Is there any way I can troubleshoot this? I have 2 physical NICs (vmbr0 and vmbr1) set up as cluster links (although the primary is vmbr1) and I can verify connectivity to both.

Any thoughts? First steps to try?

Ok so after some digging, I think my ssl certs don't match my IP. I recently implemented VLANs and had to change my IPs bringing them out of sync with the certs

Last edited:
Ok next update:
SSL certs updated using `pvecm updatecerts --force`

Still working it out though. Enabling debug mode in syslog didn't reveal anything super helpful either. No firewall enabled. Guests operate as expected without any instability.

My gut is telling me that corosync might be at play here but I don't know where to start debugging that

Any thoughts?

what do you mean with "locks up"?

please provide the following:
pveversion -v
pvecm status

what do you mean with "locks up"?

please provide the following:
pveversion -v
pvecm status

False alarm - turns out that my firewall was dropping packets from the proxmox server because of an improperly created rule.

I was able to access the web interface but the connection would drop and the UI/shell would freeze after a few seconds/minutes. However, my session wouldn't be lost since I didn't need to re-login

All looks good now that I fixed the rules!

Reactions: fabian

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!