Web GUI hangs

Terrum

Renowned Member
Mar 7, 2014
Not entirely sure what caused this unfortunately, however when killing a few unrelated processes it seemed to stop the GUI from working. I thought restarting the machine would help but it didn't, and now all my VMs are not working :( The browser just hangs, it loads endlessly. I have cleared cache, tried different browser and tried different computer with no luck.

Restarting services such as pveproxy, pvecluster doesn't do anything. I really don't want to resort to reinstalling yet. Running version 3.4 (I do plan to upgrade soon - but now I can't with the GUI not working so I really urgently need it fixed). I tried running 'pveproxy start --debug' and this doesn't show any messages at all, it just hangs there. Not sure which log files to open or look at, but I really am desperate for help now after trying everything I could possibly think of!

Is there a way for me to start the VMs from SSH in the meantime whilst this issue is being fixed?
EDIT: Found out it was 'qm start <ID>'. This isn't so worrying now that I can start the VMs from the SSH - but I still really need to fix this web GUI issue!

Thanks everyone for any help!

post the output of:

> pveversion -v

Code:
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.4-184 (running kernel: 2.6.32-48-pve)
pve-manager: 3.4-15 (running version: 3.4-15/e1daa307)
pve-kernel-2.6.32-44-pve: 2.6.32-173
pve-kernel-2.6.32-48-pve: 2.6.32-184
lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
corosync-pve: 1.4.7-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.10-3
pve-cluster: 3.0-20
qemu-server: 3.4-9
pve-firmware: 1.1-6
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-27
libpve-access-control: 3.0-16
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-35
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.4-3
vncterm: 1.1-8
vzctl: 4.0-1pve6
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.2-28
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-1

looks ok.

maybe you just have to clean your browser cache?

I have cleared cache, tried different browser and tried different computer with no luck.

Perhaps I could PM the link to you if you would like to test it?

If it helps, sometimes the site will go to 'ERR_CONNECTION_RESET' on Chrome even though it still hangs, but just says 'This page cannot be displayed' on Internet Explorer.

Last edited:
Bump, any help really would be grateful, even if I have to pay for it. I really don't want to have to resort to re-installing

One last bump in hope I can get some help. WILL PAY!

Otherwise I will have to re-install

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!