Web based terminal stopped responding and now I cannot start my container

lonesoac0

Dec 18, 2019
There I was, busily programming in the native web terminal UI provided by Proxmox. I accidentally made an infinate loop in Python3 and I started machine-gun pressing Ctrl + C. My container crashed on me and now it will not start. I tried another container and it starts just fine. I am sure it is some file lock somewhere on the system. Anyone have any ideas of where to look?

You provided very little information to help. How about posting what the error was? In fact, try lxc-start -n <CTID> -l FATAL ?

First, thank you for the response! Here is what I am seeing when I run the command you gave me. The command just keeps spinning and spinning.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 12
First, thank you for the response! Here is what I am seeing when I run the command you gave me. The command just keeps spinning and spinning.
I did a little more digging and found:

Code:
Job for pve-container@105.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status pve-container@105.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
TASK ERROR: command 'systemctl start pve-container@105' failed: exit code 1

root@Proxmox:~# systemctl status pve-container@105.service
● pve-container@105.service - PVE LXC Container: 105
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pve-container@.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-02-17 07:47:24 EST; 57s ago
     Docs: man:lxc-start
           man:lxc
           man:pct
  Process: 17780 ExecStart=/usr/bin/lxc-start -n 105 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 17 07:47:23 Proxmox systemd[1]: Starting PVE LXC Container: 105...
Feb 17 07:47:24 Proxmox lxc-start[17780]: lxc-start: 105: lxccontainer.c: wait_on_daemonized_start: 856 No such file or directory - Failed to receive the container state
Feb 17 07:47:24 Proxmox lxc-start[17780]: lxc-start: 105: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 330 The container failed to start
Feb 17 07:47:24 Proxmox lxc-start[17780]: lxc-start: 105: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 333 To get more details, run the container in foreground mode
Feb 17 07:47:24 Proxmox lxc-start[17780]: lxc-start: 105: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 336 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority o
Feb 17 07:47:24 Proxmox systemd[1]: pve-container@105.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Feb 17 07:47:24 Proxmox systemd[1]: pve-container@105.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 17 07:47:24 Proxmox systemd[1]: Failed to start PVE LXC Container: 105.

Huh? Can you ssh into it? I feel like the web terminal is doing something funny? Seems like is not even trying to start if I reading it correctly? Alternatively, you can back it up and restore it as a LAST resort

I cannot start it and as result I cannot SSH into it. I presume that I can back it up by mounting it, copying the mount to somewhere, make a new container and just over write the new container with the old.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!