Warning whilst backup VM

Mikey6283

Jul 14, 2021
Whilst back up VM i get the following warning :

Code:
WARNING: You have not turned on protection against thin pools running out of space.
  WARNING: Set activation/thin_pool_autoextend_threshold below 100 to trigger automatic extension of thin pools before they get full.
  Size of logical volume pve/vm-103-disk-0 changed from 4.00 GiB (1024 extents) to 54.00 GiB (13824 extents).
  Logical volume pve/vm-103-disk-0 successfully resized.
  WARNING: Sum of all thin volume sizes (92.00 GiB) exceeds the size of thin pool pve/data and the amount of free space in volume group (<12.38 GiB).

When I check pvs & vgs it shows that i have 500gb of storage

Code:
root@pve:~# pvs
  PV         VG  Fmt  Attr PSize    PFree 
  /dev/sda3  pve lvm2 a--   <99.50g <12.38g
  /dev/sdb1  pve lvm2 a--  <447.13g      0
root@pve:~# vgs
  VG  #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize   VFree 
  pve   2   7   0 wz--n- 546.62g <12.38g

I tried to achieve this by extending original installation disk dev/sda3.

Any help would be appreciated or an easy solution . Thanks in advance.

You can see the amount of space you have left in the volume 'pve/data' with lvs. While you extended the volume group, I guess you didn't extend the 'data' logical volume.
The warning means that the amount of storage assigned to your thin pools can potentially surpass the amount of free space left on the system, if they are to grow to their allocated value.

You can see the amount of space you have left in the volume 'pve/data' with lvs. While you extended the volume group, I guess you didn't extend the 'data' logical volume.
The warning means that the amount of storage assigned to your thin pools can potentially surpass the amount of free space left on the system, if they are to grow to their allocated value.
Thanks for your reply. I decided to to remove the ssd that i tried to extend dev/sda3 and install the drive as an extra drive no now all vm ct are on this drive hope fully this will work for me. As noob i will learn as i am going on hopefully.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!