W10 VM Remotedesktop with multiple Monitors

BoehserWolf

Jan 26, 2014
I'm trying to figure out if there is any option to use a Windows 10 VM, connect multiple virtual Monitors to it and use them via Remotedesktop.

As far as I can see Proxmox gives me these options:
  1. SPICE with dual monitors
  2. VirGL GPU
Option 1 removes the ability to use a RDP client but forces me to use the spice client.
Option 2 requires me to install a real GPU which would limit me in the number of VMs with this setup.

So the question is: Did I overlook anything?

Thanks in advance!

Ok I'll answer this questian myself.

This is a pretty standard feature if using Remotedesktop. Just go to "Display" tab and activate "Use all my monitors for the remote session".

However, this leads me to another question: Which is the recommended or even best "Display" / "Graphic card" option for the VM?

Currently I'm using "Default" which runs acceptable for my use case. The use case is to use some self written software which is quite CPU intensive and diplays a couple of graphs after having processed some data.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!