Oct 28, 2009
- proxmox 2.3
- vzdump job with snapshot all vms
- One vm stoped others runing
- When job run vzdump:

1 - start the stoped vm
2 - do backup - ok
3 - stop vm

This behavour no make sense to me and can create some problems.

On proxmox 3.1 same effect.

I open console while backup runing... no post sequence apear... seens vm is started but on suspend state..

Last edited:
To better understand, are you saying the VM is stopped initially and the backup happens just fine then the VM goes to stop mode?
What is the backup mode for that VM? Snapshot? Suspand? Stop?
Or are you wandering why a Proxmox would start a stopped VM, do the backup then stop again?

seens backu run ok but i wandering why a Proxmox would start a stopped VM, do the backup then stop again

seens backu run ok but i wandering why a Proxmox would start a stopped VM, do the backup then stop again

because backup is done in the KVM process, and this allows the user to 'really' start the VM while backup is active.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!