vzdump --remove

davlaw

Renowned Member
Apr 4, 2012
Noticed that this is an option with vzdump, remove old backups. Will be see an option to enable this at some time?

Having just noticed this and not researched any, but can I employ this option now?

This is an attribute of the storage definition (max backups).

check "Datacenter/Storage/..."

Thanks, but it appears to "stop" adding backups after that point is reached.. I have used that in the past...

Or is this just something I running into when doing manually or going forward this will behave as "max" number and roll off the old ones.

Just added a new one, but no remove option shown

Code:
root vzdump 140 141 --quiet 1 --mode snapshot --mailto xxxxxxxxxxxxxl@xxxx.com --compress lzo --storage BACKUP4HP

Running manually, remove shows 0 even tho I have 20 as the max number. Maybe I'm miss understanding the results...

Code:
INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 140 --remove 0 --mode snapshot --compress lzo --storage BACKUP4HP --node proliant04

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!