vSwitch that doesnt forward the server related traffic

Petrouil

Jan 27, 2024
So, I have a server with 4*2.5Gb ports, one of them is used for the main networking, including a samba drive. I also have a desktop with a 2.5Gb card. But I have an 1Gb switch.
I want to make the desktop port to be able to access the internet (forward the port traffic to the main port), but whatever traffic is server related, dont traffic and reply within the server.

I tried bridging, but whatever request went from the desktop, went through the switch and served by the main server's port through the 1Gb switch.
Something like this:
Desktop ----> Server port B --(bridged)--> Server Port A ----> Switch -> Server Port A --(bridged)--> Server Port B ----> Desktop

I tried both linux and ovs bridge but I probably need rules or something.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!